THE BLOGGER'S CODE OF CONDUCT
I was messing around on Wikipedia this afternoon when I happened to come across this gem…
The Blogger’s Code of Conduct by Tim O’Reilly
- Take responsibility not just for your own words, but for the comments you allow on your blog.
- Label your tolerance level for abusive comments.
- Consider eliminating anonymous comments.
- Ignore the trolls.
- Take the conversation offline, and talk directly, or find an intermediary who can do so.
- If you know someone who is behaving badly, tell them so.
- Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t say in person.
It’s really not bad advice.